The Northwest's #1 Choice In Pest Control.
Redi National has been the Northwests leading tent caterpillar control experts for the past 35 years. From the largest infestations and hard to reach nests, Redi National has successfully eliminated all types of nests and has become the Northwests #1 choice in tent caterpillar control. Tent caterpillars create unsightly nests in trees and shrubs, this provides them protection from predators so they can happily munch away. Seattle and the Puget Sound region have experienced an increase of western tent caterpillars in recent years. On the upside healthy trees or shrubs can usually tolerate a total defoliation without suffering permanent damage. The unfortunate news is that when there is a large population of western tent caterpillars they can potentially damage your garden.
Why Choose Us For Your Tent Caterpillar Control Service
- All technicians are certified and licensed by the state of Washington
- We guarantee fast, friendly and professional service
- Effective results the first time
- All our pest control including tent caterpillar control is guaranteed
- Backed by 35 years of trusted and professional service
What to do about Western Tent Caterpillars
Western tent caterpillars might be unpleasant but they are not harmful to people. If you are a homeowner and see an infestation of western tent caterpillars damaging your property you should consider either hiring a pest control company such as Redi National to take care of the issue for you or follow these do-it yourself tips.
- Prune individual tents in the early morning and evening when the temperature is cool so the caterpillar is inside the tent.
- Put the pruned tent caterpillar nest in a bucket of soapy water or seal the nest in a plastic bag and crush it.
- Do not perform excessive pruning or remove large branches as this might cause more damage to your property than what the caterpillars might have caused.
- You can also hand-strip egg masses or prune them out of plants during the winter months.
If you have any questions about tent caterpillar control service contact us and one of our pest control technicians will gladly come out and give you a free assessment of your tent caterpillar problem.